Sunday, July 10, 2011

I Hope They Call Me On A Mission (Part 8 of 12)


The next night Larraine (an old flame) took me out for barbequed ribs at the Old Salt Lake City Jail restaurant. At the end of the date she wanted to kiss me and I wanted to kiss her, but she felt that might not be right since I was one day away from getting set apart as a missionary.
I spent the next day cleaning my room out and getting things up to the attic. Karen had been eying my room for a long time, and now it was finally going to be hers. We packed my suit cases. Mom gave me a last minute lesson on how to iron. It was as if she were saying, “Oh no, so little time is left and there’s still so much to teach him!” She marked many of my clothes with my name. It was like I was packing for scout camp, but this would be a two-year-long scout camp. This was the greatest Church outing ever! Every other Church activity was just a preparation for this one. Mom had gotten me a bottle of one-a-day vitamins. She wasn’t sure how nutritious the food would be. I think she was still thinking that I was going to the Amazon Jungle and not to São Paulo, the third largest city in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment