
A truck met us at the end of a day's river excursions and brought our sleeping bags and packs each night. The food was also fixed and ready for us when we pulled into where we were going to stop for the night. Breakfast and dinner were always hearty. Lunch was usually as many sandwiches as we could eat.

Dad and I were badly sunburned. I wore a hat but the tops of my ears developed blisters on them. Our faces were badly burned as well. We finally arrived at our destination. The end of the river trip. We rode the truck back to the base camp and then we were soon on the road back home. I was exhausted and I’m sure Dad was too, but he had to drive the van home, as well.
As we arrived home, I didn’t realize it then, but the end of an era had come for me. My wonderful scouting years were over. But other phases of my life were in full swing. And what a great life it was indeed!
Coming Tomorrow: Shinning Like Gold In Concert Band
No comments:
Post a Comment