
Our licenses came in the mail a few weeks later. Dad was WA7EEZ and mine was upgraded to WA7BVH. But my life was changing. My new license allowed me to talk on amateur frequencies above 6 meters. I didn’t have any equipment for that. So I had to use Morse Code still on the lower frequencies for which I had equipment. But I had no desire to use Morse Code. I suppose I could have saved my money and bought a hand-held 2 meter unit, which was becoming very popular, but I wanted to use the old, vintage, tube-type equipment. If I had lived in the 1950s which were the heyday for amateur radio, it might have been different. However I had other interests, music, girls, running, girls, and other interests like writing and did I mention, girls?
And to tell you the truth, you just can’t get a girl to be very excited about subjects like Single Sideband For The Radio Amateur.
Coming Tomorrow: Bat Poop!
No comments:
Post a Comment