We took a short break and then the examiner passed out the radio theory portion of the test. This I felt much more confident on. Dad was one of the first to be done, but I wasn’t far behind him. When the time limit was up, the examiner collected the tests and used a key to count how many mistakes were made. The same process we had gone through for the Morse Code test was now repeated for the electronics theory test. We sat silently while the FCC official again used his red pen to count and mark mistakes. Again we chuckled as he found each mistake. It felt more like laughing as the guns of a firing squad you were standing in front of all mis-fired. It tuned out that Dad passed the code and the theory portion of the test. He was able to get the Advanced class license. I passed the general theory portion, but not the 13 word per minute code portion. For my effort I was awarded the Technician class license.
After the examination, Dad said he was planning to go fix the Brigham City Translator station and asked if I wanted to come along. He was supposed to take me back to school, but I had a splitting headache and I knew I wouldn’t be able to concentrate anyway.
No comments:
Post a Comment