
One morning I accidentally slept in. I was awakened by my Mom. "Billy,” she said as she shook me awake, “ Brother Steele is here to take you to the early morning devotional!" I jumped out of bed and in two minutes I had taken a shower, (dropped the soap), brushed my teeth, got dressed, and readied my stuff for the day at school. Brother Steele took me and some other kids over earlier so we could cook breakfast for the 300 to 400 high school seminary students and ninth grade seminary students who were coming to the early morning devotional. Later that morning at the devotional, I saw JoDee, who was a senior in high school and a member of the district seminary council. I was also madly in love with her. She told me that morning that I acted more mature (in ninth grade, mind you) than most high school seniors she knew. At another seminary activity, exclusively for the people on seminary councils in our district, which was a few weeks later, we played a game where the girls had to catch the boys and if they did, we got married (for a few hours.) JoDee caught me and Brother Masters, the head of the district seminary council, performed the pretend marriage right on the spot. I even dated JoDee once later on.
All that from dropping the soap one morning!
(This is a picture of JoDee on her wedding announcement (of her real wedding!) and she ended up marrying the president of the district seminary council, who she waited for while he was on his mission.)
Coming Tomorrow: Radio And Electronics
No comments:
Post a Comment