Friday, December 17, 2010

Radio and Electronics (Part 9 of 12)


I mentioned my oscilloscope. When I was in eighth grade Dad bribed me to get good grades in school and to read the entire Book of Mormon, and if I did, I’d get a Heathkit Oscilloscope. I did all he asked and he ordered the kit. It came in the mail one day in a big box. I assembled it and built the electronic circuit boards and then Dad debugged it and got it working. I also made a color organ for the fancy display of FM-100 in it’s very futuristic setting of the radio station. And I helped Dad as often as possible when he went to translator stations throughout Utah. I even put together a new fangled circular polarized antenna for use at the FM translator station in Huntsville, Utah.

(A picture of Christopher and I behind the color organ. Windows Media Player does the same fancy light shows now days, as a color organ did back then.)

No comments:

Post a Comment