
Over the years, the production didn’t change much. Even the cast stayed relatively the same from year to year. This was remarkable since they put it on every night except Sunday, during the summer months. However, in 1976, to help celebrate the Bicentennial a part was added to the beginning called The Great Prologue, which told briefly about the founding of America. The next year though, Promised Valley didn’t include it.
The summer before I turned sixteen, I knew that I would want to take a date to see Promised Valley byv the time the next summer came. I did just that when summer came again. My friend, Steve Allen, and I decided to double date and go see it. He took a girl named Debbie I took none other than my friend JoDee. I was two months away from being seventeen and JoDee was already nineteen. We enjoyed the show. JoDee had been the lead in the Cottonwood High School musical her senior year. During the intermission an old man on the row in front of us leaned over to me and said, “Why don’t you give that pretty girl a kiss?” JoDee, who everybody knew was waiting for her missionary to come home in a few months, whispered in my ear, “Maybe you should tell that man that I don’t do that until I’m twenty years old.” After the show we went to Trolley Square to a fancy ice cream parlor.
No comments:
Post a Comment