Friday, January 21, 2011

“Santa, I Want A Kiss From My Girlfriend” (Part 5 of 9)


It was always difficult for me to call a girl on the phone and ask her out. I figured I’d have a better chance if I asked her in a way that was creative and clever. I almost always asked girls to formal dances this way. I wrote songs and sang into a tape recorder. Then I had the tape recorder placed where she could find it. Once I even went to the girls house and serenaded her at her window with a song I wrote to ask her on a date. I also liked to send coded messages. There were cookies in boxes with letters on them. Girls who were in to music got things like a sheet of music with lots of difficult chords and then a key showing how each chord corresponded to a letter in the alphabet. After that, she had to figure it out. I baked cakes and I made posters. I put notes into lockers and I sent suspicious-looking letters. Once I sent a girl a few oscilloscope pictures with this caption, “These are actual brain waves of a person who wants to take you to the junior prom.” And I was really good at sending a girl on a treasure hunt. The treasure was a note asking her to the date with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment