
One night I was at a gathering of seminary students at the home of one of the seminary council members. Laraine wasn’t with me that night. It was voiced about that Santa Claus was coming and we’d all have a private interview with him. We all knew that Santa was really one of the seminary teachers, Brother Masters. Some guys I knew were going to hide a tape recorder in the room where Santa would be doing these interviews. When it was my turn to see Santa, I sat on his lap and he said, “So what do you want for Christmas?”
I remembered very vividly what my Uncle Randy had said to Santa six years earlier. I said it verbatim, “I want a kiss from my girl friend.”
Santa asked, “And who is your girl friend?”
“Laraine Slack,” I said, as loud as possible so the hidden tape recorder would pick it up.
“I think I can arrange that,” said Santa. (Brother Masters was Laraine’s seminary teacher, and I knew it.)
Afterward, the boys who hid the tape recorder came out and played it for everyone to hear. You’d have thought we were hearing an audio tape from a tabloid newspaper. Everyone laughed at the responses given to Santa. When it came to the recording of my talk with Santa they laughed the loudest.
The next day in school when Laraine saw me she had a great big grin on her face and said, “I need to talk to you!” It wasn’t long after that I got what I wanted for Christmas.
No comments:
Post a Comment