The next day in our band class we listened to the tape of our performance along with Dr. Dalby's recorded comments at the same time we were playing. We were surprised to hear his praise along with his cautions to watch out for things like this note and that accent. Despite our fears of Dr. Dalby the trip to Utah State University was a very good experience for all of us.
At the end of my ninth grade year as well as my Junior High experience, we prepared for our final official concert of the year, the Spring Concert. One of the songs we did was a number which had a timpani solo. And I was the drummer selected to do that. I really had to psych myself out for it. The band played and then it was just me. I couldn't hesitate or flinch. As it turned out I did very well. I realized that my parents and all my brothers and sisters were there to hear me. It was a great feeling of support. As important as Dr. Dalby and being in Concert Band had been, these people were infinitely more important.
Coming Tomorrow: Will You Go To The Dance With Me?
No comments:
Post a Comment