Monday, January 17, 2011

“Santa, I Want A Kiss From My Girlfriend” (Part 1 of 9)


Just as I had anticipated, high school was true to it's promise of lots of beautiful girls. A few months after my sophomore year began, I met Laraine. We started dating shortly after that. At first she thought I was a senior, and was very surprised to discover I was a sophomore. She called me “Mooney” for some reason, and I tried to call her “La Reindeer” but she didn’t like that. We went out together a lot and my parents were concerned that I was spending too much time with her. Even though Laraine was a year older than me, my parents thought she was immature. To me, though, I thought she was the most beautiful creation ever! And I wanted to marry her. I figured it was three more years until I was nineteen and could go on my mission, then two more years for my mission and then we could get married right when I came home. Five years! Ugh.
Mom and Dad gave me a book by Brenton Yorgason called From First Date To Chosen Mate. Of course it was all about dating. I think my parents wanted me to get the idea that I shouldn’t date one girl so much. But Laraine had taken me by storm and we continued to go out. We either double dated or Laraine drove since I hadn’t finished my driver’s ed class and didn’t have my drivers license yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment