Wednesday, May 4, 2011

My Brother Christopher (Part 9 of 9)



When Christopher was a few years older he was in-turn an older brother. Another baby boy, Johnny, had joined us. One day Christopher was explaining the LDS doctrine that man could become like God, to the two-year-old Johnny. He said, “When I become a Heavenly Father I will create a world where every kid will have a pet dinosaur.” Christopher was fascinated by dinosaurs. He was probably too young to remember, but we had gone on a family vacation to Utah’s Dinosaur National Monument when he was very small. This area was affectionately called by everyone Dinosaurland. When Christopher was in elementary school in second or third grade he even wrote a little book of fiction called “There’s a Hole in Dinosaurland.”
As Christopher grew up he never lost the spirit of having fun that he possessed as a little child. And he always did things in his own original way. I had tried to do things differently that others did them, but I always seemed a little forced. Christopher did things in a naturally funny and weird way. My sister Karen was babysitting a girl who was in Christopher’s school class. The girl confessed that she was in love with him. Karen asked why and the girl said, “It’s because he’s so weird!” That’s the way it is with Christopher. We all love his unique and original approach to life.

Coming Tomorrow: Music In High School

No comments:

Post a Comment