Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The Glory Of Being A Teenager (Part 10 of 12)


There were various classes that had fund raiser projects from time to time. I never have been a gung-ho salesman. Once we had to sell big Christmas candles that were in a tall, thin glass. I figured I was good for buying one myself and that my parents would buy one. Another time we sold calendars. I took a sample with me to my Business Law class. The kid next to me said, “What’s this Bill?”
“What?”
“What’s this you’ve got here?”
“Oh, this? It’s a calendar.”
“I can see that, but why do you have it?”
“It’s to raise money.”
“For what?”
“For the Concert Choir .”
“What for?”
“I told you, for the Concert Choir.”
“I know it’s for the Concert Choir, but to do what?”
“So we can go to California.”
“So are you selling these calendars?”
“Yeah.”
Long pause.
“So, Bill, are you selling them?”
“I guess so.”
Another long pause while the kid looked sideways at the calendar.
“Bill.”
“What?”
“I might want to buy one of these from you.”
“Well, I guess you can if you feel you need too.”

No comments:

Post a Comment