Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The Glory Of Being A Teenager (Part 11 of 12)



The teacher of the business law class was Mr. High. He was the also assistant track coach over the hurdlers. Since not very many people except me and a few other guys were involved in the hurdles, almost no one else knew that Mr. High was a coach at all. I always got strange looks from the rest of the class when I referred to him as “coach.” In that class we took a memorable field trip to a place were they verified checks when stores called them to see if there were proper funds for a check that was being written. Another time we went to small claims court and saw some deliberations in the regular court for the infamous Hi Fi Shop murderers.
I had always had a love-hate relationship with my gym classes. In seventh grade I hated gym. In eighth, I loved it. I loved it so much I signed up for a whole year in ninth grade which I also enjoyed. I thought my feelings would be the same for my first year at Cottonwood High School, but I ended up hating gym again. Then I found out that I could sign up to have track as my gym class. For my Junior and Senior years I took track as a class and I loved it. Not only could I get credit for it, but I didn’t have to stay after school as late for cross country or track practice. Another thing I liked about it was that it was co-ed. It wasn’t just a bunch of boring guys. There were girls who were on the track team in the class too.

No comments:

Post a Comment