Friday, June 10, 2011

My Sister Lori (Part 5 of 6)


I took Lori with me as often as possible. I especially liked to run errands with her. Once when I was eighteen and Lori was almost two, I took her to Blooms flower shop on Highland Drive and 3900 South to pick up a corsage for the Junior Prom. I walked in carrying Lori. The sales girl said, “Oh, is this your little girl?” I said with pride, “No, she is my little sister.” We went many times in the van as a family. Dad would drive most of the time, but sometimes let me do the driving. When we pulled into the driveway of our house Dad would always say, “Here we are.” When Lori was two she started to talk, but she would never open her mouth. She would say something, but it would come out muffled. Since Dad always said, “here we are” Lori would repeat that, but her version came out, “uh-uh-uh” with the same voice inflection and accent as if she had said, “here we are.”

No comments:

Post a Comment