
Several of us who had that Physics class were also in English together. We eventually became known as “:The Breakfast Club.” We took turns bringing different kinds of dry cold cereal each day to class to share with the guys in our little group. I must have been too distracted by “The Breakfast Club” activities because I didn’t get much out of the novels we were supposed to be reading. I really enjoyed the teacher, Mrs. Neilson.
I took Trigonometry from Mr. Park and really enjoyed that. The first few weeks I had to do multiplication and division of huge numbers with pencil and scratch paper. Luckily my 17th birthday came and I got a TI-30 calculator which really helped. The next year I took College Algebra from Mr. Park. I don’t remember a thing I learned in that class, except for the jokes Mr. Park told. A fun thing to do with our calculators was to figure out our bio-rhythms. We first had to figure out how many days old we were. Then there were some
cycles that we calculated to see where we were on a given day such as physically, socially, and emotionally. I was going to take a math class in computer science, but they were going to program the Granite School District’s time-share computer with stacks of IBM punch cards. I figured (correctly) that I could learn more on our home computer, the Radio Shack TRS-80, Model I.
No comments:
Post a Comment