Saturday, November 6, 2010

Mom's Consistency (Part 6 of 7)


It wasn't until I was in seventh grade that we started having Trix. It was because of my science class where we were assigned to do a project with an atom. Each person had to build a model of an atom. Well, I chose number 99, Einsteinium. To make the protons,
neutrons, and electrons Mom bought me Trix, Coco Puffs, and Corn Puffs. After I made the
atom, we had a lot left over so we got to eat them.
Mom and Dad would drive down to attend the Provo Temple early one Saturday morning
every month. Since they left the children sleeping, they also left Trix cereal for us to eat for breakfast when we woke up. We enjoyed cold cereal so much that you would have thought we had been given a bar of gold on those rare mornings that we had it. But the real gold was when Mom fixed us a homemade breakfast on all the other mornings. It was usually pretty simple, but made with love.

No comments:

Post a Comment