
It was a calm November evening when my dad said, "Billy, would you like to go up to Coon Peak with me tonight?"
I remember with fondness the times I went with my dad to various mountains in Utah and Nevada. The translator stations of KSL needed to be fixed and Dad was usually the smartest, and most able person, so they sent him. That was when I was very young, or during the summers when I was out of school. Now as a busy sixteen-year-old I rarely went with him anymore.
"You bet I do," I said. "But how come you are going tonight?"
"They need me to tune up the new antenna," Dad said. There was a hint of pride in his voice. "It's all finished and now it needs to be matched to the transmitter."
"Wow, that will be fun. Are we leaving right now?"
"No, Billy. We need to wait until later. We'll leave about 11:00 tonight. That way, by the time we get up on top, KSL will be just about ready to go off the air."
No comments:
Post a Comment