
Dad woke me up at about 4:00 in the morning. "We're leaving now, Billy."
"Did you finish?" I asked.
"Yes. It looks real good!"
I folded up the blanket and left it on the edge of the cot. Then we walked out to the Jeep. It was still very dark. When I jumped in the front seat, I noticed a man sitting in the seat behind
me. "Hi, I'm Dave," he said. "You're taking me back down the mountain. I've been up here for the past three weeks finishing the TV tower here."
Dad got in his seat of the Jeep and we started immediately. I could tell he was tired and anxious to get down so he could go home and go to sleep.
We traveled the steep road for fifteen minutes while Dave described the hair raising experiences he had while building the tower. Suddenly, Dad found it hard to control the Jeep. He stopped and Dave jumped out. Dave yelled, "The left front tire is flat!"
No comments:
Post a Comment