Sunday, March 6, 2011

A Cold Night On Coon Peak (Part 4 of 11)


Well, eleven o'clock at night came and it was time to leave. I was supposed to get some sleep, but I had homework to finish and things to get ready for school the next day. We got in the old green International Travelall that KSL owned. We called it the “Jeep.” I remember it when it was brand new, but now it was practically ready for the junk heap. So many people had driven it up and down mountains that it deserved to die mercifully in some scrap yard. At any rate, it still ran well and that was what mattered.
As we drove toward the mountain, dad commented that the headlights weren't aimed right. They were pointing way up in the air and he could hardly see the road. He got out and adjusted them with the screwdriver. Soon we left the paved road and drove up always on a dirt road. We arrived at the first gate.

(Pictured: Johnny driving "the jeep.")

No comments:

Post a Comment