Saturday, March 26, 2011

My Sister Julie (Part 8 of 8)


When I was nearing the end of my mission in the fall of 1982, I received a letter from Julie. She explained that the high school was having a Halloween dance. I would be returning home from Brazil on Thursday, October 28 and the dance would be on Friday, October 29. Julie was going to be turning sixteen years old in mid October. She asked me to be her date for the dance. She said, “You’ll be helping me to get into the wonderful world of dating and I’ll be helping you to get back into it.”
Julie and I went dressed as hillbillies with patches on our over-alls and kegs of moonshine. I drove, but it was one of my first times to drive in two years and the other guys (who were in high school) that were with us, made fun of my driving. But Julie and I had a fun time.

Coming Tomorrow: Four Events Is Not Enough

No comments:

Post a Comment