Friday, March 25, 2011

My Sister Julie (Part 7 of 8)


My Sister Julie (Part 7 of 8)
When Julie was fourteen and I was on my mission, I had a Brazilian Companion who saw the pictures of my family. He was charmed by Julie. He even wanted to marry her. One day I was making a recording on a tape to send to my family. My companion wanted to say something to Julie. So he spoke in Portuguese, which was all he knew how to do. I translated, loosely, what he had said, not really translating what my companion had said so forwardly. When my family received the tape, they listened to it. A friend of the family, who was from Mexico was there at the time. He listened to the recording, especially what my companion was saying in Portuguese. He heard my translation and then exclaimed, “that wasn’t what he said.”

No comments:

Post a Comment