Saturday, April 2, 2011

Four Events Is Not Enough (Part 7 of 10)


I finished out the season doing primarily the 880, running two times around the track. I had to go see my doctor every year for him to sign a paper signifying that I was physically able to participate in high school sports. Doctor Wilkinson shock his head every time and said, “I don’t think they should let high school kids run the 440 and 880. Those are just too hard.” But he’d sign my paper anyway. The highlight of the year was to run in a big track meet at Weber State College. But by the end of my sophomore season I was in great pain from shin splints. I could hardly put weight on my right leg, it was so painful. I asked Dad for a blessing by the Priesthood. He put on his white shirt and tie and then took me in his room and closed the door. He anointed my head with consecrated oil and then gave me a blessing by authority of the Melchizedek Priesthood. He blessed me that my legs would get better according to my faith in Jesus Christ.
The next morning I got up very early and went to an early morning devotional for Cottonwood High School seminary. At an early morning devotional we usually had a speaker or something exciting like that. This was the last one of the year and it was a testimony meeting. I was one to go up to the pulpit and I waited my turn to use the microphone. When it was my turn I bore testimony of the power of the Priesthood. I told briefly of my difficulties with my legs and then how Dad had given me a blessing the night before. I said, “I am standing on my right leg right now and putting all my weight on it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment