
Lisa had eczema, a skin disease that flared up on her hands and feet. At times it got pretty bad and was very irritating to Lisa. Many nights Mom would apply medicine to her hands and feet and then tie a plastic bag over them to keep the medicine from rubbing off during the night. At one time when Dad was out of town, Lisa not only had a bad case of eczema, but she also had the flu. She was very sick and was confined to her bed on the bottom bunk of the bunk bed in the front-most bedroom of our house. I remember sitting by her bedside. She didn’t seem to have the strength to talk. All she could do was stare at me. It was almost as if she were saying, “Help me, Billy! Do something!” I had often seen my Dad lay his hands on the sick and bless them. Now he wasn’t here to do that. I wanted to do that, but I knew that the Priesthood I held was not for the laying-on-of-hands. I could pray for her, though. And I did pray, “Please Heavenly Father bless this little girl who tries so hard to do what Thou hast taught her to do.” She eventually got better.
No comments:
Post a Comment