Wednesday, April 27, 2011

My Brother Christopher (Part 2 of 9)


When Christopher was about a year and a half old, he got into a very mischievous mood. He went down in the basement and unfolded whole batches of laundry Mom had done in the laundry room. Then he went and took apart three printing sets that I had. And then he went into the food storage room, which we called the fruit room. We had a box on the floor of tomatoes off our vines in the backyard. They had been placed down there to ripen after the first frost outside. He took each one out separately into the family room and smashed it with his little foot into the carpet. He did this to about ten tomatoes. Mom called Dad at work and asked him to stop at the hardware store on his way home from work to buy some locks for all the doors in the house. I must confess that I saw him smashing the tomatoes into the carpet. As I came down the stairs, he ran away to hide. Even though he was doing wrong, how could I blame him? He looked kind of cute anyway and smashing those tomatoes with one foot while standing on the other foot showed great coordination for a toddler!

No comments:

Post a Comment