Saturday, April 30, 2011

My Brother Christopher (Part 5 of 9)


Mom and Dad drove down to Provo, Utah once a month on a Saturday to attend the Provo Temple. When they did they always left very early in the morning. Since Christopher was the youngest child, they were worried that he might wake up and cry, not knowing where they were. So I was asked to come up from my room in the basement and sleep on a little bed in his room while he slept in his crib. But he usually didn’t want to sleep in the crib. He wanted to sleep in the little bed with me. We’d talk until late in the night. Or we’d sing. We had fun being brothers. For years I had no brother at all. Now I had a little brother and I was so proud. Many times he would drop off to sleep before me. And I would look at him and just be thrilled that I had a little brother. I would lay there in the semi darkness and look at his curtains in his room. His curtains had the names and logos of all the NBA basketball teams and I would memorize them. Christopher was so proud that he had those curtains. We didn’t follow or watch basketball at our house, but Christopher could tell that those teams represented something important. He knew even at his young age of two that it was cool to have curtains with NBA teams on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment