Sunday, October 17, 2010

Junior High School Days (Part 3 of 5)


Our bus came and we found that the driver was a former electronics technician. Two of my ninth grade friends and I tried to stump him with electronics questions. I'm sure he just smiled to himself, but he really gave us a hard time about it. And we tried to prove him wrong on everything he said about electronics. We reached the street the school was on and we saw a large ham radio tower with a big boom antenna way up high. My friends and I gasped at it. If I was going to see such a sight as that on the way to school each day, then maybe it wouldn't be so bad.
We finally arrived at the school a walked in. I realized it was the same school I had gone to over the summer. I thought to myself, What am I worried about? I know this school like the back of my hand. I think I might like this. I first went to my locker. I couldn't open it! Soon Roger appeared and opened it for both of us. I watched how he did it. Then I tried it and it opened. After that we both scurried off to our first period class.
The subject was math and the teacher was Mrs. Hawker. The first thing I saw was a great big wooden paddle, the kind a teacher would use to paddle someone's behind. I gulped. Painted on it were the words, "The Board of Education." She introduced herself and then the principal, Dr. H. Clive Roberts came over the intercom and welcomed us all to school.

No comments:

Post a Comment