
The day went on and on. I progressed from math to P.E. to Utah History, to English. Half way through English we let out for lunch. Then it was back to English. They had some trouble with the bells that day and didn't get them working until we let out of English. When they did ring they were soft little tones that came over the P. A. system that you could hardly hear, yet you knew when they rang because everyone else got up and walked out. I thought they were kind of comforting, but then some of the teachers complained that they couldn't hear the bells at all. So the school eventually got louder bells which startled you out of your seat when they rang. Then they put them back to the way they were, but a little louder. They were more like chimes. They were not your normal school bell that went ding-a-ling-a-ling. The bells were quite little tones. They were very calming. I always liked them. They were so soothing. Since I had been so anxious about starting seventh grade, the moment I heard one of the bells, I seemed to be comforted.
After English I went to Science and then to Band where I was excited to be playing the drums. I found out that for the first half of the year, I and the other drummers would be relegated to the practice room to goof off -- I mean -- practice, the rudiments of playing the drums. After that was the world of construction, my last class, where we would eventually build a sample of a small section of a house.
No comments:
Post a Comment