I mentioned the times when each troop would get up to present their awards. Each troop had been sitting together and would file up to the front and stand in a straight line at the front of the gym. This was led by the senior patrol leader. He said the same thing every time and it was quite specific. This we also practiced in anticipation of the time when we might be the senior patrol leader. I finally got that chance a few months after I got my Eagle. This is what I said every month at court of honor, "Gentlemen of the board, scouts and scouters, ladies and gentlemen, I proudly present troop 742 for their awards. This month we have 93 merit badges, 16 rank advancements, and 6 special awards." Then the scoutmaster would step to the microphone and read off the names of the boys who got the awards. When he was done I then stepped to the microphone and asked all friends of troop 742 to stand. They did and the court officials counted each person. Then I said commandingly, "Troop dismissed."
Tuesday, October 26, 2010
My Eagle Scout (Part 7 of 12)
I mentioned the times when each troop would get up to present their awards. Each troop had been sitting together and would file up to the front and stand in a straight line at the front of the gym. This was led by the senior patrol leader. He said the same thing every time and it was quite specific. This we also practiced in anticipation of the time when we might be the senior patrol leader. I finally got that chance a few months after I got my Eagle. This is what I said every month at court of honor, "Gentlemen of the board, scouts and scouters, ladies and gentlemen, I proudly present troop 742 for their awards. This month we have 93 merit badges, 16 rank advancements, and 6 special awards." Then the scoutmaster would step to the microphone and read off the names of the boys who got the awards. When he was done I then stepped to the microphone and asked all friends of troop 742 to stand. They did and the court officials counted each person. Then I said commandingly, "Troop dismissed."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment